It’s all over the internet: websites should engage in search engine optimization, or SEO as it’s commonly called. Why?
What are the advantages of SEO? Why in the virtual world should you take time and effort to engage in something so talked about online?
To answer these questions, here are the seven advantages of SEO; none of these reasons should be overlooked.
1. It’s cost effective because it’s free. Search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo provide organic listings, i.e. free listings. So, when your website is listed on the first search engine result page, there’s no need for paid advertising like Adwords.
2. Increase in traffic. When you’re basing your marketing efforts on PPC, the results you receive will be short-lived. This is because when the ads run out, the traffic stops.
However, with SEO, the traffic is never ending. Just make sure you maximize these results by using long tail keywords.
3. Build more trustworthiness. People use search engines such as Google because they know they can trust the results it gives them. So, having your site listed on Google’s SERP makes your website trustworthy as well – a definite plus in your favor.
4. An edge above your competition. One of the advantages of SEO is that it gives you an opportunity to excel above your competitors. Granted, your competitors are using SEO too; however, long tail keywords tailored specifically to your site’s niche and purpose gives you a chance to capture the right target audience.
5. Hit your local target audience. With SEO in full force, there’s no need to run out and pay for billboard advertisement locally. Instead engage in SEO marketing with long tail keywords geared towards your local audience.
6. Go mobile. Thanks to advanced technology we can now get the internet on mobile devices. In short, people can Google a business while on the go.
7. Garner higher sales. All of the previously mentioned factors will unquestionably result in more sales. This is one of the best advantages of SEO; after all, you want your website to make money.
All of these advantages of SEO result in one thing: you’ll get a great ROI. Considering this is what you want for your website, it’s well worth the time and effort to make SEO part of your marketing strategy.