Photo Credit: Stock.xchng
We all want to be successful in our business ventures. Having an online business is no exception.
You know by now that search engine optimization, or SEO, is the pathway towards online success. And of course, SEO deals with keywords, which should be:
- Long tail instead of short tail (generic)
- Embedded in content with a natural flow that’s easy to read and comprehend
What some of you may not know, however, is that keyword research for SEO is a wise and necessary step. Engaging it in can make a virtual world of difference between online failure and success.
The Reason Keyword Research for SEO is Necessary
So why is keyword research for SEO so important? Do you even need to bother conducting it? After all, you are online.
Yes, you definitely need to conduct in keyword research. Being online isn’t enough to draw traffic to your website, especially with millions of websites having a presence as well.
So, now that you know you need to do keyword research, here’s why it’s important to do so:
- Your website needs to have keywords relevant to its niche, which in turn, will drive traffic to your site. Given that this traffic will consist of your target audience, these searchers will easily convert into customers.
- Having irrelevant keywords will drive the wrong type of target audience to your website. As a result, they will click away fast. And worse, you won’t make a conversion.
- Since searchers are clicking away fast, your site will have a high bounce rate.
- Doing keyword research for SEO allows you to learn your potential audience better. You can discover what their needs are based on the long tail keywords they frequently type while searching for information.
- Using keywords relevant to your website will help you rank better on search engine result pages.
How to Do Keyword Research for SEO
Now that you know the importance of conducting keyword research for SEO marketing, let’s look at how to do it.
For starters, choose a keyword research tool. While Google Adwords is free, it’s not recommended.
This is stated because of one crucial reason: it provides a listing of generic keywords, which are overly used by many sites. Thus, you won’t rank well – if at all – with generic keywords.
Therefore, use a paid keyword research tool. Hittail is a prime example.
Hittail installs a tracking code onto your website to discover long tail keywords relevant to your website’s niche. These keywords should be used in blog posts, PPC campaigns, webpages, etc.
For more information on how Hittail works, visit the FAQ.
Keyword research for SEO marketing is just too crucial to ignore. In fact, if you choose to ignore it, you might as well not be online; for your site is sure to fail minus it.
However, if you do conduct it, you will be glad that you took the time and effort to do so. For you will greatly reap the rewards of having done so.