A keyword is generally a word or phrase that is a topic of significance. Searchers use keywords as a way to identify their problem in which they’re looking for more information. Businesses create content around relevant topics to their business which helps them rank and be the content in which searchers find.
Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field. Ranking for the right keywords can make or break your website. By researching your market’s keyword demand, you can not only learn which terms and phrases to target with SEO, but also learn more about your customers as a whole. There are a lot of questions that come to mind when we talk about keywords. How should we use them? Where should they be placed? Are long-tail keywords or short term ones more effective? Does Google even take them into consideration anymore?
In fact, keywords make more sense now than they ever have before. It’s not always about getting visitors to your site, but about getting the right kind of visitors. The usefulness of this intelligence cannot be overstated; with keyword research you can predict shifts in demand, respond to changing market conditions, and produce the products, services, and content that web searchers are actively seeking. Hittail keywords suggestion tool can help you manage and keep track of keywords that are important to your business. Hittail will also provide you with information about which ones are worth pursuing if there is an opportunity to rank, as well as provide intelligent suggestions around variations, conversion opportunities, and even opportunities to rank better.
Why do you need keywords?
- Keywords are very important for every business website as they drive targeted web traffic to your business for free.
- Keywords are the foundation of your website content. The topic of every page and what it is about should tie directly back to a keyword or keyword phrase. Since keywords are topics, they are also prevalent when creating offers and emails.
- Keywords help visitors and potential customers understand the purpose of your page. When reading the content of the page, a visitor will often scan for the keywords they searched for.
- Keywords help search engines understand the purpose of your page. When a search engine crawls your website pages to index them, it will parse the keywords on the page to determine the purpose of your pages.
In choosing a keyword for your business, it is very important to put some time and thought into researching keywords. Hittail keyword ideas tool can help get you started in researching keywords relevant to your business.
What are the different types of keywords?
There are two different types of keywords: short-tail keywords and long-tail keywords. Short tail keywords are phrases that, while they may apply to your own industry and company, they might also apply to every company in your industry or even to those in other industries. Long-tail keywords tend to be longer words or phrases that are more specific to your company or industry. When you’re first getting started, you definitely will want to start by targeting long-tail keywords because these are easier to rank for and they also bring in the most relevant and qualified traffic.
Long tail keywords and short tail keywords:
Long tail keywords are keyword phrases made up of 3-5 words. Short tail keywords refer to more commonly used words, for example, “hittail seo”. These usually tend to be around two words. Because people will likely search those terms more often than long tail keywords, they bring in more traffic and are therefore more desirable. Long tail keywords on the other hand, are less popular but are more targeted to specific searches and come with less competition. Targeting long tail keywords is important and can be a cost effective method to advertise services and product.
Advantages of long tail keywords:
- Using long tail keywords you can better understand a searcher’s intent. By targeting these limited searches, your ad is likely to be a lot more relevant to what people are actually searching for versus searches with a more generic term. This will help you to focus more on these qualified buyers, which will boost conversion rates, as well as possibly lower cost.
- Long tail keyword phrases are less popular and don’t apply to all searches. Due to the low search volume of these terms, fewer advertisers will be competing for them. The less advertisers bidding on your phrase, means a higher potential for people searching to click on your ad and ultimately make a purchase.
- Pay-per-click marketing is essentially an auction for keywords or phrases, less competitors generally means you won’t have to bid as much for a particular keyword or phrase.
In order to know which keywords to target, it’s essential to not only understand the demand for a given term or phrase, but also the work required to achieve high rankings. If big brands take the top 10 results and you’re just starting out on the web, the uphill battle for rankings can take years of effort. This is why it’s essential to understand keyword difficulty.
Researching long tail keywords doesn’t differ much from developing other keyword lists. It’s a good idea to start off by looking at competitor terms, as well as your own website analytics to get a better idea of what’s already driving people to your site. Building off of that in combination with other keyword tools like Hittail Keyword Ideas Tool you should be able to come up with a good starting list.
Hittail Long tail keywords will help capture people who may be looking for something specific and are therefore much more likely to be in the buying stage. The closer you target a person at the buying stage the more likely they are to make a purchase or take another desired action. With the ever-increasing complexity of the internet, keywords are still relevant, important and necessary for an online business.