SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the combination of techniques to improve sites, blogs and websites. These improvements are to generate authority on a site, teaching those who are looking for something about your company and enhancing its visibility during searches. The arrival of the internet and the need to excel in the market makes all this very important for any company, and if yours has not yet been adequate at this point, it is time to think about it by 2018: we are short to receive the New Year! It is the exact time to plan new SEO trends. In this text you will find the goals in which you should focus on the New Year, to make a good SEO strategy as required in the medium.
Advantages of SEO for a web page
- It provides value: SEO gives value to the website and is the way to communicate to the search engines what our business is about and with what keywords we identify ourselves.
- The keywords also will be used by search engines to relate to the search terms users: If they match and you have a quality SEO, our website will have a high positioning in Google. By improving search engine rankings, users will be able to find our site more efficiently and gain visibility.
- Readability and image for your brand: Being in the top positions of Google, not only provides visibility. The excellent positioning in search engines is the result of the creation of a web page optimised and reference within its sector.
- Segmented audience: Through SEO, your content reaches a much-segmented audience, increasing the number of visits to your website even more.
How to make a proper SEO positioning?
Pay attention to the keywords. Within the SEO strategy, the keywords must be, as far as possible, present in the URL – we will see it in the following points -, in the text, and even in the title of the page. An SEO expert can advise us correctly.
What are keywords and long tail keywords?
The keywords or keywords are combinations of words that we enter in the search engine to search. They are usually generic words and with a lot of competition and volume of searches.
Long tail keywords or long tail keywords
The long tail keywords are words that complement the keywords, which specify more the search, and that have fewer searches and less competition, but that search engines value them positively by providing more significant value to the text.
- The more general the keyword, the more competition it will have, and therefore, it will be more difficult to achieve a proper positioning in search engines!
- It is easier to position yourself for a keyword the more specific it is. A keyword is more precise the more terms it is composed of, that is, the longer it is prolonged tail.
- By specifying more the search through long tail keywords, you will get quality traffic, since the users that access your site will be the ones interested in what you offer.
Where to place the keywords?
Placing keywords and long tail in your content improves your web positioning. Each page of a site can be optimised for a set of specific keywords.
- A body of text Make long posts and place keywords throughout the content. Remark with bold, underline or mark with another colour, some phrases where your keyword appears.
- Make short titles (maximum 70 characters) and include keywords.
- Use the subtitles to add more keywords.
- Place keywords in the HTML title. The URL has to inform users and search engines what your website should consist.
- It also places a keyword in the tags or tags section.
- ALT attributes of the images. Enter keywords in the ATL of the pictures.
How to do keyword searches for SEO?
- Suggested by Google: when you search for a word in Google before you finish writing that word, the search engine indicates the most examined.
- Related Searches: When you search on Google, at the bottom of the search engine page, you always get a list of words that are “Related Searches”, which may be candidates for keywords.
- This tool facilitates position data with high precision, highlighting the most relevant keywords, their relevance and degree of competence, together with the specific URL.
- Long Tail Keyword-Tool. This tool, unlike the previous ones, is more specific, since it shows you long tail keywords of 3-4 words.
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner: This is the tool that Google provides you to search for keywords and measure the volume of monthly searches that each keyword of your site has. It also gives you keyword ideas that you may not have included and have a relatively high amount of searches.
- Google Trends: With this tool, you can investigate the history of Google regarding trends and thus be able to know which months are looking for more specific phrases or keywords that interest you and improves the positioning.
Alice the author of the famous website cookoutpal has worked on writing blog contents for many of her sites and research about various niches so that she can contribute to other fellow blog community. Her hobby is to sit and understand the current trends in the market and research on them
What are your thoughts about Factors that affect SEO? Feel free to comment and discuss below.