In the past, I’ve discussed a variety of keyword suggest tools that new businesses can use to target the best keywords for their niche, from long tail search terms to negative keywords. This time around, I’m going to focus on 10 free keyword research tools. The primary objective of keyword research is to find keywords that you can rank for in the SERPs; i.e. the Top 10 search results for your term. In this post, I will introduce some of the best-in-class keyword research tools that help you boost your search traffic. The best keyword research tool with limits but simple user interface may yield much better results. The best keyword research tool will depend on your needs. Here are the best keyword research tools for 2018
- HitTail (21 days free trial)
HitTail is a dream long tail keyword tool for website owners, bloggers and marketers who want to increase traffic from Google and other search engines. HitTail works around “not provided” by automatically importing your Google keywords on a daily or weekly basis, giving you full access to this critical marketing data. If you’re like most of us, “not provided” keywords now account for most of your traffic, crippling your content marketing and SEO efforts. HitTail gets back this data. Pricing for HitTail starts at $9.95/month, but you will need at least 1500 unique visitors per month for it to work. Try it free for 21 days here.
- SEMrush (30 days free trial)
SEMrush is a well-balanced SEO optimization platform with strong tooling across domain monitoring, keyword research, and crawling. SEMRush is one secret weapon that you need to beat your competition with keyword research. Using keywords, this premium service helps discover competitor’s keywords in search, by a competitor’s domain or by searching for competitors.
- Google Keyword Planner (Free)
It is the most popular and free keyword research tool out there. Almost any blogger, newbie or seasoned in SEO can use Google keyword planner to find out related keywords along with their search quantity. Accessed by an AdWords account, it yields meaningful statistics including monthly searches, and average cost per click. For a given keyword, it suggests a large volume of useful synonyms and variations. With Google’s recent updates this tool isn’t as powerful now as it once was.
- Keywordtool.io (Free) It is what you should be using when you want to get tons of long tail keywords for your seed keywords. This tool gives you keywords based on Google, Bing, Yahoo and apple app store for free. It provides a huge resource of keywords that would otherwise never see the daylight. It uses Google’s auto complete and ubersuggest’s letter adding features to pull out such huge keyword variety. Adding alphabets to the beginning and end of your seed keywords gives a natural keyword resource that can be used in your blog posts.
- KWFinder (Free) This premium keyword research tool also has a free version that is quite good in its job. Just enter the seed keywords and select the country and language you want to target your related keywords. It calculates the long tail keywords that have a relatively less competition and are easier to rank. KWfinder shows the top sites that rank for the given term along with their social metrics.
You should start with the Hittail. It is best option it is one of the best tool. SEMRush is great but you need to pay for it to be really effective. Targeting long tail keywords is a good strategy for driving relevant organic search traffic. Hittail keyword ideas tool search is based on your entered term or phrase. You can get hundreds of search queries relevant to your topic along with their estimated search volume using hittail.
What are your thoughts about Keyword Research Tools? Feel free to comment and discuss below.